Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Little More About Me.


2009
Hi! I'm Sherilyn Koss. I grew up in Northern California, achieved a college degree in Graphic Design, and eventually settled here in Southern California with my wonderful husband. Always detail oriented, I've mostly worked in the arts and crafts industry and also for a long time in banking.  Happily, I've always kept involved in arts and crafts, and was drawn to jewelry making over a decade ago.  Eventually, creating jewelry became my favorite pastime and is now a full time passion for me.  I can't get enough!

I was originally introduced to jewelry making by one of my closest friends, Kim. She invited me to help her create piece-work for a jewelry artist that sold to Nordstrom at that time. I was hooked! From then on, I’ve been coming up with my own designs. I have learned a lot about jewelry making over the last decade, and often considered taking the next step; to sell my jewelry online. I was recently down-sized from my banking job, and decided to give it a try. I feel lucky to be able to begin this next adventure at Clear Crick Cottage. :)

I want my friends and family to know how grateful I am for their kind, critical support and feedback of my jewelry. For many years they wore the jewelry I made, and filled me in on their favorites, made helpful workmanship suggestions, and showed me how some beads aren't worth using. They gave me constructive guidance for many years (and still do), which I hope will benefit my future customers.

Clear Creek ("Crick" as my grandmother called it) is a real, spring-fed creek in Washington state, which runs through a lovely lightly forested area. It's a family destination spot. As a kid, I often wondered how many little fairies or pixies roamed the edge of the forest there, where wild strawberries and blackberries grow.

The cottage art in my Blog Banner and Etsy shop's avatar is called "Loves Retreat" by James Matthews.
I get my business cards online from Victorian Trading Company and their design is copyrighted.

My inner "pirate" always craves beads, but I also adore vintage art from the early 1900's, enjoy a long swim whenever I can, and love love love to garden every day.

Making jewelry to music is often the case for me, and for years, my favorite peaceful harpist has been Paul Michael Meredith. His CDs "Daybreak" and "Beginnings" are my favorites...well, ok... every one of his CDs are beautiful and inspiring. http://www.peacefulmusic.com/

ClearCrickCottage doesn't donate to charity yet, but my favorite non-profit is "The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens" in San Marino, California. Their fascinating organization is online for everyone to enjoy. http://www.huntington.org/

For you history and astrology buffs, I’m a Pisces, with an Aries moon, born on the Ides of March, in the year of the Dragon. ;)

No comments:

Peace And Sunshine to you.

Peace And Sunshine to you.
Robert Atkinson Fox (1860-1935)